Saturday, March 14, 2009

Discount Saturday...

My day, so far:

SHOP WITH THE SENIORS:

Sometimes there's a perfect storm of a sale plus a special offer plus things I normally buy and have good coupons for. Getting up early on a spring morning and picking up some groceries is relaxing - the stores aren't crowded, everything is fully stocked. Because everything I bought was extensively on sale, I used the leeway to get some small luxuries.

Premium scores includedThe Scharffen Berger Gift Box (for $3.75), and some organic cashew-carrot-ginger soup (1L $3.50). I made sure I hit the "minimum spend" amount and got a $10 cash card for Subway.

GRAB SOME FANCY COFFEE:

I noted Starbucks Frapps were on sale and decided to substitute picking up coffee for the grocery store version ($1.69).

GO TO THE EARLY CLASS:

Only five people showed up to 9:30 am Saturday yoga. As a result, I had my best class this month - doing things I've never done before and getting awesome adjustments about every third asana. I, um, didn't know my body bent that way.

BEAUTY SCHOOL MAGIC

My misgivings about the Beauty School Pedicure? I take it all back. It was possibly the best pedicure I've ever had. $10 cold cash, which actually goes completely to charity.

SCORE THE WEEKEND PAPER

I borrow the thick weekend paper from the office as no one reads it except me and there are two copies. In university, I used to wait until Saturday afternoon and score the abandoned NYTimes and Globe & Mail at coffee shops in my notoriously educated-liberal 'hood.

RANDOM CRAFTY PROJECT

NWA has a promotion where for 1000 miles or points or whatever it is (i.e. the balance of my account) you can upload a picture and have two custom tags made and shipped. I can't decide if I want to have them made for my mom and/or boyfriend, or if I want to make them for myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment